Register Section 8 Company (NPO/NGO)
Rs. 23,880/- (inclusive of all taxes & fees)
- Section 8 registration in 25 to 30 days with License.
- No minimum capital requirement.
- Best substitute for trust, society registration.
Section 8 CompanyKnow what is Section 8 Company and how it is Registered.
What is a Section 8 Company?
A section 8 company which earlier was known as section 25 company is a legal form for non profit organizations (NPO) or Non Governmental organizations (NGO). Section 8 company is licensed company which is authorized to work anywhere in the country.
How to register section 8 Company in India ?
Section 8 company registration in India is unique and different concept. It is an non profit entity engaged in social work for the benefit of the country. The registration can be divided into three parts:
- Prepare DSC and file Name Approval: The first step is to prepare DSC and DIN. This takes sometime one to two days. Thereafter, you need to file for name approval. The name should be unique and should end with words like foundation, sanstha etc.
- File for License: After getting name approved, the next step is to prepare all the documents and then apply for license to the Regional director via form INC 12. This approval takes most of the time.
- File for Incorporation: After getting the license, we need to file for incorporation and once company is incorporated, you can start the social work under this company.
Documents Required for Section 8 Company RegistrationFor Directors/Shareholders:-
For Registered Office:-
- Copy of PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Address Proof (Bank Statement, Mobile Bill, Telephone Bill)
- Passport Size Photo
- Ownership Proof (Electricity bill etc)
- Utility Bill (Gas bill, Electricity bill)
- NOC (Download format)
Time & Cost for Section 8 Company Registration
The Total Cost Breakup
|.Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)||2||3000|
|.Director Identification Number (DIN)||2||1100|
|.RD Approval Fees||-||2,000|
|.MOA, AOA and Incorporation Fee||-||6,000|
|.PAN and Tan Application||-||280||.Professional Fee (Inclusive of Taxes)||-||10,500|
Total NPO/NGO/Section 8 Registration Cost in India 23,880
Note: Stamp duty Extra for States: Punjab, Kerala and Madhya Pradesh.
- Exemption to Section 8 Company from Income Tax:This exemption is claimed under Section 12AA of the Income tax Act, 1961. As per section 12AA, an application is filed to the Income tax commissioner along with the necessary supporting documents. If Income tax commissioner is satisfied, then he shall grant the tax exemption to the company.However, complying with section 11 to section 13 is very important to avoid revocation of exemption.
- Exemption to donators under Income tax:This exemption is claimed by donators under section 80G. However,the donators is only eligible to take tax exemption if the section 8 company is registered under section 80G. This exemption can be filed along with section 12 exemption or anytime after that.
Minimum of two persons are required along with the documents stated above.
You must have a plan for your social objectives, as ROC may ask for the same.
Whatever, you choose the capital of the company, you must invest the same into company within 2 months.
Foreign Donations: Foreign donations are allowed only when FCRA registration has been taken. FCRA license can only be applied after three years from the date of registration. However, if it is really urgent to receive foreign donations, then you may apply for prior permission from commissioner.
Equity Funding: Section 8 company can also raise funding by issuing new equity shares at a higher value.
Domestic donations: There is no restriction on the domestic donations, however a proper check must be kept in order to avoid the money laundering cases.
Build a plan and a working business model: Gone are those days when you can get funding on the basis of an idea.Now, is the time, that you should test your own idea, reach a MVP and then build a strong future plan.
Reach investors and list on stock exchange: You may reach the private investors or list your shares on stock exchange. However, initiating a IPO is a very complex task.
Prepare Documents: Once you sign the term sheet, next and final step is to prepare documents like Shareholder agreement etc.
Income Tax Exemptions to Section 8 Companies
Only by registering a section 8 company does not result into income tax exemption and further exemption to the donators. Rather section 8 company is the first step to claim the income tax exemption. There are basically two types of income Tax exemptions which are as follows:
Mandatory Requirements for Section 8 Company Registration
Section 8 company are formed by those who do not have any profit motive, rather they have a social objective which they want to achieve. Hence, there mandatory requirement to start the section 8 company are as follows:
Donations / Funding of NGO / NPO or Section 8 Company
Section 8 company are not allowed to raise funds by way of deposits but they can accept donations from the general public. Let us discuss the ways by which it can raise funding:
How to Raise Funding in a Public Limited Company?
Finance is a lifeline of any business and in todays world every competition is neck to neck, availability of good finance is needed in order to sustain. You may refer the practical example of Flipkart, Ola etc. Hence, you must follow the following in private company in order to raise funds: